Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's the End of the World As We Know it and I Feel Fine


So I graduated last Saturday. Let me just say that it was everything I had anticipated and more. While a part of me is sad to leave MSU (my home for the past half of a decade), I have never been more ready to move on with my life than I am right now. I worked my butt of in nursing school and honestly could not have taken one more second of it. Don't get me wrong, I love the nursing profession and am passionate about everything that it entails, but the school aspect was becoming quite draining. Not only was school draining, but it was also getting to be quite the heartache to live 70 miles away from Adam, as I had done for the past 5 years, and was even harder this past year because I no longer lived with my best friend, Mary. All in all, I was ready for it to come to an end.

The weekend started Friday morning after my last final ever when I went golfing with Adam, Johnny, and their dad. I kinda suck at golf, but am getting better and the better I get the more addicted I become. Anyway, after that Mary came up (she took the day off to come up for my graduation early!) and we all barbequed at Johnny's all day. Graduation day came quickly and my family came. The actual ceremony was short and simple (nothing like nursing school hehe) and was relatively unemotional for me which was suprising. I thought I was going to weep like a baby. I didn't shed one tear until I hugged my grandpa goodbye after the ceremony. Weird how things like that work. After my family left I went with Emily and Mary to look at wedding gowns for Emily. It was fun watching her try on dresses, but Mary and I were ready to go bar hopping in downtown Lansing. The three of us did exactly that and met up with the boys (who played more golf) for dinner and more drinks. The following morning we all went to breakfast and explored Frances park, an untapped beauty in Lansing. It was gorgeous. We then played more golf! Not only was I spoiled by the fact that I had all my favorite people with me for graduation, but I got ridiculously nice gifts. Mary got me a way to expensive Coach purse, my grandparents gave me way too much money, and Adam's family gave me a Pandora bracelet with an orange stone charm (orange is apparently the nursing color).

This past weekend made me truly realize how lucky I am...I can't wait to dive into the future that lies before me

1 comment:

Rudee said...

Congratulations on your graduation! I'm so happy for you! You're going to be a great nurse. Happy Nurse's Day to you!