Monday, June 2, 2008

Lucky me

I wanted to take the time to make a tribute to those most important to me (in no particular order):

Adam Charles Buehner
For the past 8 years, he's been my baby. He's been there for so many of my life events. He was there when I got my driver's license, he took me to my first rated-R movie when I turned 17. He was my senior prom date. He drove from GVSU to MSU to visit me almost every weekend when I went away to college and didn't have a car. He supported me through every decision along the way and never let me down. I have fun with him and the very best part of my day is laying in his arms. He treats me like a goddess even when I don't quite act like one. Perhpas the reason I love him the most is that he truly is one of the last good guys left. He is so caring, generous, and has all the patience I wish I had. His easy going and calm personality balances out my neurotic and chaotic life. He truly is the calm to my storm.

Mary Frances Moreau
Words cannot begin to explain what this girl means to me. She is the definition of a best friend and never ceases to suprise and amaze me. Without her my life would not be half as fun. When life throws me curve balls, there is nothing on this Earth that can make me feel better than talking with her over a pitcher of beer. She keeps me sane and is always on my side even when I'm wrong, but she's not afraid to tell me how it is either. In a world full of phoney's, she is completely real, brutally honest, and keeps me in line. She honestly is in every sense of the term my best friend and partner in crime. Some of the best times of my life was when I lived with her during all 4 years of college. During that time we became more sisters than friends. We have shared many laughs and many tears but perhaps what I love most about Mary is that around her I can be 100% myself. She knows me probably better than I know myself and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Ellen Elizabeth Scally
I probably would not have made it through high school without this chick. She keeps me laughing and has a way to turn every situation into something funny and light. She is one of those people that lights up a room when she walks into it. Her eccentricities and sarcasm make her a truly unique individual that I love being around. Our friendship is the definition of opposites attract. She opens up my eyes to a lot of different things because her interests and mine are so totally opposite. Even though she moved to Ohio with her boyfriend, Ellen is one of those friends that I know I can call at any time of the day or night and if I really needed her- she would be there no questions asked. No matter how much time passes between seeing each other, it's always is as if nothing has changed.

Linda June Anderson
This is the woman who gave me life; my mother. She is my hero and my idol. The older I get, the more respect I gain for her. She has sacrficed so much for me. I definitely would not be where I am today without her dedication, determination, and courage. In a world of shitty, shitty parents, I find myself truly blessed to have a mom like her. She taught me everything I know and has shaped me into who I am. She taught me to value people not things, to take my time, to enjoy myself and to never ever settle. She taught me to respect myself and others and to never take anything for granted. My relationship with her is unique in that we are so much a like in some ways and so completely opposite in others. I hope that if I ever have a daughter that her and I can share the same type of closeness my mom and I have. I can honestly say she is my favorite person in the world and I don't know what I'd do without her.

Kelly Elizabeth Baker
I know exactly what I love most about KB...her zest for life. She is the girl that is always down to do whatever. She always is into trying new things and life with her is never boring. She's very low maintenance and gets along with everyone. Her and I have a mutual philosophy of no drama. We understand that we both have very busy lives, and we will see each other when we can, if not no big deal. I also could not have made it through nursing school without her. We motivated each other to hang in and keep on truckin through endless papers, care plans, and study sessions. I am fortunate that even though I met her at school, she is from Canton, so I can still hang out with her as much as possible as she is one of the few of my friends I met in college that lives in the area. I also appreciate I can share my concerns, criticisms, and complaints about nursing with her which is highly therapeutic for both of us!

Jill Lauren Gerard
Jill is my NB. She helped me bring out my wild and crazy side. She taught me to break out of my shell and be proud of who I am. She is beautiful inside and out. Her honesty and straightforwardness are appreciated and hilarious. She has been there for me on some of my darkest days. She is never judgemental and I know I can count on her and confide my deepest darkest secrets in her. We may not see each other as much as I'd like, but I still consider her one of my closests friends and enjoy every second of the time I do get to see her!







No comments: